The purpose of the Financial and Rental Assistance Program is to provide tenant rental assistance services to those at risk of facing eviction. Our goal is to provide financial assistance with rent, moving, and storage costs to reduce residential displacement of tenants in Austin and Travis County, preventing individuals and families from experiencing homelessness, and assist households in the case of emergency events (weather, public health, fire, etc)
- Income is at or below 80% AMFI
- Individuals that live in the City of Austin Full Purpose Jurisdiction or in Travis County.
|Median Income Limit||1 Person Household||2 Person Household||3 Person Household||4 Person Household||5 Person Household||6 Person Household||7 Person Household||8 Person Household|
(80% MFI is defined by HUD as low-income.)
- Online applications are available 24/7.
- Call center is open every Monday 8 am – 5 pm (737) 214-7406.
- Walk-in is available every Tuesday 1 – 4 pm at El Buen campus located at 7000 Woodhue Dr. Austin TX 78745.
Next Steps after applying:
Depending on the number of eligible applicants every given week and the funds available, El Buen will conduct a random selection of applications to be processed. Selected applications will be contacted by El Buen staff for assessments and eligibility verification.
- After verifying eligibility, El Buen Staff will collect all necessary documentation. It takes up to 15 business days to complete a payment.
- Payments are made directly to landlords or vendors. Therefore, landlord’s and vendor’s participation is required.
- Applications will remain active until January 1st. If your application is not selected by then, you are welcome to reapply again. Note that applying multiple times will not increase your chances of being selected.