Thursday, Mar. 4th at 6:00pm – Friday, Mar. 5th at 6:00pm
Amplify Austin Day is our city’s annual day of giving. The 24-hour period provides an easy and fun way for our entire community to give together while helping local nonprofits. This year our goal is to raise $10,000 for our Youth Education programs, which include year round virtual after school academic support & guidance (tutoring) and summer camp.
Why does El Buen Samaritano participate in Amplify Austin?
- Amplify Austin introduces us to new donors
- It raises our public profile
- It’s a large-scale community-wide event that involves workplace giving and team fundraising
How You Can Help El Buen Raise $10,000 On Amplify Austin Day:
There are many ways you can help El Buen raise money during Amplify. We welcome any donations, but most importantly we need to get our message out to as many new folks as possible! We would LOVE it if you’d share our posts and emails with your networks and act as a peer-to-peer fundraiser. Here are some more details about how you can help:
1. Become a Peer-to-Peer Fundraiser
A peer-to-peer fundraiser acts as an “ambassador” for El Buen and helps to raise funds on our behalf! This is an effective way to raise awareness about our mission while bringing in as many supporters as possible.
To sign up to be a fundraiser for El Buen:
- Go to El Buen’s Amplify profile page at https://www.amplifyatx.org/organizations/el-buen-samaritano
- Click the FUNDRAISE button (located next to the Donate button)
- You will be asked to create a login and re-directed to your Fundraising Toolkit, where you can customize your page with a personal appeal and find a unique web address to easily share with your contacts via email or social media. You can even email your contacts directly from your page.
- To revisit your Toolkit anytime, simply visit https://www.amplifyatx.org/info/log-in and enter your credentials.
We are here to help you! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to assist in creating a fundraiser page or to answer any questions.
Please set up your fundraiser profile TODAY and start sharing! The more shares we get, the more possible donations. This year, all donations toward Amplify that are received from now until 6:00 PM on March 5 will count toward our goal!
2. Make a Donation
After setting up your peer-to-peer fundraising profile, you can make a donation that will count toward your personal fundraising goal and motivate your friends and family to give as well! On your fundraising page, click DONATE to make a gift. Remember, any gift made now through 6:00 PM on March 5 will be credited toward our Amplify day totals and qualify us for prize money and matching funds. Please make your gift today!
3. Follow El Buen Samaritano on Facebook and Instagram, and share our messages throughout the month on your social media and email
Use your social media and email networks to get the word out. Share our posts on Facebook or Instagram or make your own using the hashtags #AmplifyATX and #elbuenaustin. Ask your friends to support El Buen—let them know you work here, volunteer or serve on the Board—and don’t forget to tag us! By sharing and tagging us, each post will reach a broader audience and result in more donations.
4. Make phone calls
Call your friends, help El Buen bring past donors back into the fold, or both! El Buen’s Development Department will set you up with a script and a phone list—send us an email at email@example.com to get started!
Must all donations be made through the Amplify Austin site?
Yes. El Buen’s Amplify profile web address is https://www.amplifyatx.org/organizations/el-buen-samaritano and it is the designated website for donors to give toward Amplify Austin Day.
For El Buen to qualify for the extra matching funds and prize money, donations must be made through this website by the donors themselves. If you need any assistance, please contact Elizabeth in the Development Department at 512-439-0744 or firstname.lastname@example.org.