Commitment to helping Latino and other families in Central Texas lead healthy, productive and secure lives through high-quality and affordable healthcare, education and basic needs services.
Our Patient Portal is not working at this time – please call the clinic for questions.
86% of our clients have an income of less than $24k for a family of two. Last year we provided almost 11,000 families with:
– Medical care to 6,000 patients,
– Health education to 2,700 people on chronic disease, prenatal and reproductive health,
– Emergency food assistance to 4,500 families,
– Family literacy services to almost 800 students
Through the generous support of our funders, we are now a Patient Centered Medical Home.
This model allows us to improve the health of our clients by focusing on quality of care, patient engagement and patient satisfaction. As a medical home, we ensure individual patient needs and values are at the center of care. This approach is important because it reduces health disparities and furthers health equity.
- …I live across Austin Community College, but decided to continue coming to El Buen. To live far and make this effort- El Buen is doing something right.”
– ALEXANDRA SALDÍVAR
- …Coming to El Buen’s Food Pantry opened many doors for me and my family, it was heaven sent.”
– FRANCISCA LÓPEZ DE SOLER
- …One never knows when your circumstances can change, but it’s comforting to know El Buen is there to lend a helping hand.”
– THE CÁRDENAS FAMILY
Join our online network to get the information you need to stay on top of important issues and get involved. We'll only send you information about specific opportunities to make a difference.
This marks a historical 30 years of strengthening families. Our humble beginnings rooted in faith, gave way to the pioneering of comprehensive health services in Austin. Uniquely, we are a faith, non-profit established as an outreach ministry of the Episcopal Diocese of Texas.We will continue to build our legacy as a trusted community resource because of the support provided by all stakeholders like you.
For more on our history, click here.