- This event has passed.
Digital Literacy Workshops – Fall Semester Ends
December 10, 2020
Digital Literacy Workshops
Digital Literacy workshops are self-paced courses with live instruction with a dedicated teacher who can answer questions and help students navigate the topic at hand. Students will have the choice to register for multiple workshops based on their interests. Workshop topics include:
- Transitioning to online learning for students and parents: Emailing your child’s teacher and navigating online course structure
- Mental Health and Self Care: Online journaling and finding low-cost/sliding scale therapists in your area online (i.e. telehealth)
- Financial Literacy: Online banking and creating a budget for personal/family use
- Professional Development: Using Google Suite (docs, sheets, slides) and searching for a job online (using Indeed, creating a resume, building interview skills)
- Cell Phone Skills: TBD
- Gmail Basics: How to use Gmail (setting up an account), formatting emails, including attachments, and using professional language in emails
- Virtual classes will take place via ZOOM and students will have access to their assignments and resources via Google Classroom.
- Each workshop runs for two weeks from September 1-December 10. Multiple class times are available.
- No cost to register for these workshops.
- Register here or call 512.439.8900