Our program strengthens a family’s ability to improve their physical, emotional and financial wellbeing by promoting educational attainment, job promotion and family engagement. To learn more please email firstname.lastname@example.org
English as a Second Language
These are five 16-week courses, including Introduction to ESL and Levels One to Four. Students are introduced to structures and English vocabulary through reading, writing, and speaking. Learners are taught ways to advance their reading, listening, and pronunciation skills.
Virtual Classes (via ZOOM) will start on January 25th.
Spring Semester: January 25th – May 20th
– Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30 am-11:30amor– Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30 pm- 8:30 pm
Registration for 2021 is on January 11th, 12th & 13th. Registration fee is $50. Internet available upon request for an additional $50 per semester.
Digital Literacy courses are divided into a Pre-Course and a Main Course, with live instruction from a dedicated teacher who can answer questions and help students navigate the topic at hand.
- The Digital Literacy course is $50 at registration.
- Registration is January 11-13, 2021.
- Completion of the Pre-course is required in order to take the Main course.
Pre- Course: the Pre-course will teach any prerequisite information required to understand the later material. Pre-course begins 1/26 and completes 2/18.
Topics will include:
- Basic parts of the computer
- Basics of internet browsing
- Technical parts of the computer such as volume control
Main intermediate level course: the Main course begins 2/23 and completes 5/3.
Topics will include:
- Internet and Social Media Safety
- Email & Gmail
- Google Suite
- Google Drive
- Google Docs
- Google Slides
- Google Sheets
- Desktop Organization and Personalization
- Files & Folders (naming, renaming, moving, deleting)
- Personalization of Desktop & Chrome (changing background, theme, colors, etc.)
Virtual classes will take place via ZOOM and students will have access to their assignments and resources via Google Classroom.
Pre-Course: 1/26 – 2/18
Main Course: 2/23 – 5/3
Registration is January 11-13, 2021.
The Digital Literacy course is $50 at registration.